24 October 2007

Why do I have to be professional when they're not?

Here's the deal: I submitted a story to an online magazine, Aberrant Dreams, February 26 of this year. Their guidelines state the response time as being 1-5 months. Ok, I'm down with that. So why is it nearly eight months now and I've not heard a word? I've queried as to the status of my submission and gotten no response. Is that professional? I'm thinking not. So my options are to keep waiting or formally withdraw my story and subbing it elsewhere. Am I wrong to be annoyed by this? Yeah, yeah, they get lots of subs, etc, yadda yadda yadda. Fine. But why does that make it okay to jerk me and I'm sure others around? I keep checking ralan.com just in case there's anything about response times for the mag, but nada so far.

Grrrr.

No comments: