02 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Day 2

It's not going too bad. I'm still rewriting what I already have, which is what I did last year, too. Only difference, last year I had done a lot more prewriting--character sketches, scenes, etc, so I knew exactly where I wanted the story to go. This year I just wasn't into it. For some reason Halloween preparations took up a lot of my time.  I do know where I want the story to go, what I want to happen to the characters--sort of. Hopefully I'll get to 50k by the end of November.

So far today I've written 1812 words for a total of 3507, with 46,493 words to go. Always nice to know that!

Here's the opening paragraph, which may be familiar to some:


The head explodes like an overripe cantaloupe, rotten brains and clotted blood spraying across the side of the sagging porch. A horrible stench permeates the air, thick like fog. The zombie killer calmly reloads the rifle, takes aim and fires again, just to be sure. Sometimes it takes more than one bullet.

Yes, it's zombie/end of the world/survivor stuff.  Ought to fit right in with all the other books out there, yeah?


No comments: