10 April 2008

Consider the Audience

So the reception was good. I was a little nervous about getting up in front and reading my story, but by the time it was my turn there weren't very many people still there. The listeners liked it, got several very nice compliments including one from a lady encouraging me to get it published. :-)

Then I was invited to read some of my work at a Teen Poetry Slam at the library a couple of days ago. Expecting a room full of teens, I decided to read some of my more 'adult' works--"Let Them Eat Cake", "Lazarus", "A Knight's Work". Should have just read "The Washwoman's Daughter" because there was barely anyone there. And then the second place winner in poetry read a cutesy story about Buzzy Bear, and that's when I knew I wasn't going to read. Also there was a grade schooler there as well.

Eh, no biggie. I ought to look around town for an open mike night, although I'd hate to go by myself!

No comments: