12 April 2007

Now I Think I'll Try This!

Geeze. Now I'm thinking of going back to my original version of 'Only You' because I like Joel so much better. And Cassie, too, I guess. So I will combine the 2 versions and keep what I like from both. Besides, the first version is 40,000 words! Gotta be some good stuff in there, dontcha think?

Today I printed off 'Waiting For August' from my port on Writing.com. Ugh. My gosh, and to think I once thought it was good. Or at least okay. I'm looking at it today, going 'Yech!' It does have potential, this is true, and it is only a first draft, so maybe I'm being unfair. After all, I wrote it three years ago. I know my writing's improved since then.

'Waiting For August' is the story of Mel, a teenage girl who has been told by her mother all her life that her twin brother died at birth. After being dumped on a grandmother whom she's never met for a week, she discovers a mysterious scrapbook in a closet. Inside are pictures of Mel as a baby--and the brother she was told died. Determined to get to the bottom of the mystery, Mel embarks on a journey for the truth--a truth she may not want to know.

See? Potential. There's a bit of romance and a subplot about mothers and daughters, too.

Not a bad little blurb there. I'm not sure I can compress 'Only You' into a paragraph, although I have been trying. I will have to work on it.

No comments: